Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Black Box

I would still call this story 'The Black Box,' because it gives a lot of tension to the readers. When I first got the package I was looking for the title, but it wasn't there. However, later on in the story the black box was mentioned. And the black box keeps on coming out. So, I think it would still be a good way to create tension in the readers by making the title 'The Black Box.' Lotteries usually make people happy if they got it. But there was something strange about the lottery in this story. I got a feeling that the lottery meant death from the beginning because of how the people were not looking forward to the lottery day. I kept predicting many different endings to the story when the ending was not given to me. I kept asking questions to myself thinking if my predictions were right about the lottery being the lottery of death. I went last to get the mysterious paper in the black box, but I had no black dot on it which made me kind of people happy. The mysterious paper didn't really create tension in me because some of my friends started looking through the paper which just showed me what the paper was about. But I waited untill 5:00 p.m to open the paper because it was interesting to see how long I could stay resisting to open the paper. But the part that the people with black dot were doing the playing test was a real twist to this activity. I felt normal again, everything was answered, and I found out that my predictions were right. Yes, my predictions were correct. It made me feel like I achieved something. Like all artists and composers do, this was the type of story that was made to leave questions in the readers' mind. I do think that if there was no ending given to the readers would have made this a more mysterious story and people would think more about it. The best experience of the 'Power of the Void,' was just everything. The new concept of 'void' just thrilled my mind. Doing the void activities made me connect music to stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment